You were the BEST and deserve some REST!


Nike Commando Series
Originally uploaded by McGun.
Spotted your profile on Rediff.com's shopping portal, you were being sold for a Thousand bucks (1000 INR) under the finest brand name - Nike! Along with you came a FREE Nike Travel bag.

I was desperate to get a good protector for my feet.
I was dead sure I wanted you, and used my HDFC Netbanking facility for the very first time to seal my 1st purchase on the InterNet. And boy, what a find you were!

U were delivered double-sealed with Rediff's logo as an assurance on the 18th Oct, 2003. On unpacking you, I was taken back by the looks and design. U looked different from what I saw on the Net, but you looked unique. I was disappointed that day wondering if I made the right decision. I sat the whole night thinking of the stupid remarks you and me would get for such a funny looking combination!

There was a saying that a person is judged by the way he dresses, communicates, looks & the SHOE he wears!
I took you as a new challenge, and accept all kinds of criticism/applauds on you, come wat may!
I was boosted by the fact that you were NIKE, so JUST DO IT....!

I took you for a small walk on a rather dirty road of Nerul, Navi Mumbai to get a feel of you.
I suddenly felt lighter (which i was anyways) and realized my 50Kg lightweight bone load was transferred to you.
Boy, you were the most comfortable thing I wore for a long long time, even more comfortable than my undies! You passed the first assignment.

Now came for the toughest and most brutal assignment, traveling in the rush-hour trains of Mumbai. To be fair, you passed the assignment with ease taking the heavy pressured crowded legs on you...I did not feel a pain. Thankyou is a very small word for you!

Then came the 3rd and most important assignment: facing the Criticism/Remarks from office colleagues and friends! After plenty of positive/negative statements, you were titled the Commando.
You became inspired and did not look back after this. At times, you also inspired me to take life the hard way :-)

Sometimes, I felt you could come handy to shut some mouths who speak nonsense all the time. But, considering what a kind & fine gentleman you were, I didn't want to spoil your reputation.

You waded me through some of the roughest terrains of Mumbai & New Mumbai: mud, dirt, keechad and tar roads, crowded trains, buses, and wat not...for 14 months........and then 22 months in Chennai's grueling traffic, pathetic roads and funny remarks. But, I guess you and me were used to this now!

You also showed what a fine sports person you were, especially during some tough Table Tennis games at my x-office. You supported me all the way!

Congratulations on completing 3 years of litmus test on middle earth...something you & I will be proud of.

Look at you now, you are bruised and worn out, but still willing to take me around. But, I say "NO". Sorry I couldn't write a good poem on you bcoz u are worth more than just words or a photograph!

To me, you were the BEST shoe I ever wore, and deserve some REST now!
Cheers with a BEER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One, Two, Three_, Comedy Riot!

Encounter with a baby Python in my garden