*** DishTV - NO SIGNAL ***

Less than 3 months into subscription, and my "O -Ve" BLOOD IS BOILING @ 400 deg FAHRENHEIGHT...wanna know more, u'l have to wait until I get my SET-TOP-BOX from REPAIR.

14 days since the STB crashed after a software upgrade & I've not got a replacement yet....!
Meawhile, check out more sad user reviews on DISHTV @ Mouthshut.

My 18 days of FRUSTRATION
  • 4th Sept - The Zenega STB undergoes a Software upgrade on its own. Users need to just press OK to complete the process. Me and thousand other customers struggle to understand the software upgrade. The navigation is pathetic this time, how the hell can they call this an easier to navigate menu? absolute nonsense!
  • 5th Sept - The Red light in the STB stops glowing, first I thought its a power problem in the power socket, but later realise its a STB problem. Call up dealer to get DishTV's Service Number.
  • 6th Sept - Gave it to their only service centre in T. Nagar, Chennai (the first scapegoat city where this system was introduced, v r also the first city to adopt the Reservation policy). The guy there says the STB has crashed bcoz of a Motherboard/Software problem, needs to be sent to Noida and will take two days to get a replacement. Sensing something fishy, I ask him for a standby replacement, but he says he doesnt have one right now. I take the receipt and walk back dejected.
  • 8th Sept - Call the service guy to find out if the box is ready, he first says the box has gone to Bangalore and he has got no feedback from them. I wonder why suddenly Noida 2 Bangalore.
  • 9th Sept - "Ditto"....same reply. But, this time he says it'll take a week atleast till Wednesday as he is waiting for an authorisation mail from the Noida office. I'm frustrated, ask him for a spare box that I can get for the timebeing. He says "nope".
  • 13th Sept (Exactly a week over) - Only I seem to be calling them up, they never bother to update the customer on the status of the problem. Same reply from the service guy, hez still waiting for authorisation. I get pissed off and ask him how much time it takes 2 get an authorisation for a replacement.....No answer, he keeps mum. By this time, I could have gone to Noida and got the replacement myself. I trace the Chennai zonal manager's number and even he is helpless until the authorisation comes from Noida, but he said he would try his best. I even call up the Noida office, but its always engaged.
  • 14th & 15th Sept - I keep calling the service centre, wasting my phone bills, but get the same reply - "Still not got the authorisation mail, sir".
  • 16th Sept - I finally decide its enough and call up the zonal manager in the morning. He says the box is ready, and I can collect it rightaway. I'm over the moon, delighted :) So, I call bac the Service centre. To my delight, he finally says he has received the authorisation mail to dispatch the box.....but then suddenly he destroys my 2-minute joy by saying he doesnt have a box. But he assures me on Monday (18th Sept) morning, I can collect the box. I'm so mighty pissed off, that I dont have the strength to even shout bac, and its not worth it.
  • 18th Sept - Waiting for a miracle to happen on a dry Monday morning. I call him to find out if I can collect the box. He throws another atom bomb by saying the box has to get activated and will take 2 days. This time I lost my patience and got wild. He tries to justify by saying the box has to get activated with the VC card provided along with that box. But, I counter-attack by asking him why cant I take the STB and activate it myself with the VC card that I have @ home. He says thats impossible......I fight for over 10 mins & finally give up, have lost complete faith, patience, time, money in the pathetic service they provide.
Now, I have no other option other than 2 wait till Wednesday (that's 16 days). This is worse than loosing my job or waiting in Q to pay the electricity bill.
  • 20th Sept - Hi folks, I'm bac after a long fight yesterday with the service guy, Victory in my sights. I finally got a replacement after 16 f***ing days, but I get a "201. Card Refresh error" and only the free-to-air channels for now. Propably I've to restart my fight !
  • 22nd Sept - FINALEEEEEE............MY 18 LONG DAYS OF FRUSTRATION COMES 2 AN END, BUT NOT AFTER A BITTER FIGHT. Got my Dishtv 2 work :|
YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER, YOU ARE THE KING/QUEEN...A PRODUCT IS YOUR SLAVE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One, Two, Three_, Comedy Riot!

Encounter with a baby Python in my garden